Recreational cricket suspended
The ECB have taken on board the Government’s advice around social distancing and have recommended that all forms of recreational cricket are, for now, suspended.
As a club centred around families and social connection, we are to heed the ECB’s advice and pause.
As yet there has been no announcement to delay the start of the season so we are still preparing the ground and facilities for the first match on 25 April.
What this means …
- Natwest Ground Force Day planned for 28 March has been postponed.
- Shrewsbury School Indoor nets are cancelled.
- Pre-Season warm match on 18 April has been cancelled.
- All other events are subject to confirmation but as yet are not postponed.
- Registration event to be postponed; registration can be done via email by following the link REGISTRATION FORMS and sending a completed Registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org please do not send any payments as we will review the subs once normality resumes.
- Further communication will be issued as to the start of the outdoor coaching and whether fixtures are affected.
ALL STAR & DYNAMO CRICKET
- With the uncertainty of what is to come we are proposing to hold both these programmes through the summer holidays as morning and afternoon camps. We are currently finalising details of how this would work, and costs involved. It is likely that the delivery of these would be by a paid coach as opposed to the volunteers in the previous years.
- Should normality resume prior to the holidays the club will run ‘pay as you play’ sessions on Friday evenings, open to all.
I hope this answers any questions to may have had, however please contact us at info @condovercricket.club should you require anything further.
Please keep safe and play ball.